All you need to know about Paracetamol

Published by Surajit jana on

Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also mentioned as acetaminophen and a drug used to treat pain and fever.Paracetamol was first invented in 1877. it’s on the earth Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines, the safest and best medicines.

Paracetamol is one of the foremost commonly used ‘over-the-counter’ medicines. But if it isn’t utilized within the right dosage, it may make it less effective or dangerous and even prove fatal in rear cases. It’s typically used for pain relief. It’s used to relieve fever in adults and kids . Paracetamol is additionally used for severe pain.

 It’s taken orally but is additionally available in injection form into a vein.Paracetamol remains active in our body between two and 4 hours.Paracetamol is safe at recommended doses. The recommended maximum daily dose 250 to 500mg.

Higher doses may cause toxicity. Serious skin rashes may sometimes occur. Paracetamol doesn’t have any anti-inflammatory activity.

Paracetamol is additionally available as a generic medication with name Calpol,Panadol,Panamax.The wholesale price in india is rs 20 to rs 30.Paracetamol is typically prescribed medicine in most of the health condition.

Excess intake of paracetamol can cause severe damage to the liver. The risk of excessive intake of Paracetamol could even be increased by regular consumption of alcohol.

Paracetamol toxicity is that the foremost explanation for acute liver failure.Paracetamol is metabolized by the liver and is hyper toxic. Side effects increase when combined with alcoholic drinks, and other people with liver damage.Too much paracetamol is extremely harmful to the liver.

Food and Drug Administration gave a replacement warning about paracetamol. It stated that the drug could cause rare and possibly fatal skin reactions like Stevens–Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN).

Excess dose of Paracetamol

Liver damage

The overdose risk of Paracetamol could even be increased by frequent consumption of alcohol.Paracetamol toxicity is that the foremost explanation for acute liver failure.Paracetamol is metabolized by the liver and is hyper toxic.

 Side effects increase when combined with alcoholic drinks, and other people with liver damage.Too much paracetamol is extremely harmful to the liver.

Skin reaction

The Food and Drug Administration gave a replacement warning about paracetamol. It stated that the drug could cause rare and possibly fatal skin reactions like Stevens–Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN).

If you realize you’ve consumed an excessive amount of call your doctor.Aged people are most in peril so take extra care. don’t await signs of an overdose

Paracetamol 650 mg tablets are used for osteoarthritis and Paracetamol 500mg is used for relief of pain and Fever. Paracetamol has no anti-inflammatory activity.

Paracetamol is extremely lipid-soluble and features a comparatively short half lifetime of 2–4 hours.2 Following oral administration, paracetamol is rapidly absorbed and obtained into the bloodstream where it’s mainly metabolized by the liver.

Exceeding recommended doses of Paracetamol causes Side Effects :

  1. nausea or vomiting
  2. diarrhea
  3. yellow skin or eyes
  4. extreme sleepiness

Also Read – 


Surajit jana

My name is Surajit Jana from India. I am an Electrical Engineer by profession. Bodybuilding and Fitness is my passion. I love being fit and have a good healthy physique. I have been in practice for the last 6 years. Now i think being fit myself should also help others to stay fit. The main purpose of creating and developing healthimage.net is to spread wellness knowledge and health awareness.

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *