Are Probiotics good for you ?
Probiotics are a kind of living bacteria or yeast that are good for our body and health especially for our digestive system.
We usually think bacteria or yeast are the cause of our illness but all kinds of bacteria or yeast is not bad many of them are good too.
For example Curd is made from the fermentation of the lactose in milk by the bacteria Lactobacillus bulgaricus to produce lactic acid.
Probiotics when consumed provide health benefits by improving and restoring flora of the gut.
Types of Probiotics
There are mainly three types of bacteria classified as probiotics. They all have different benefits.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus – This is the most common probiotic. You will get this type in your yogurt and other fermented foods. It helps people who can’t digest lactose, the sugar in milk.
- Bifidobacterium – it’s found in some dairy products. It may help treat symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Saccharomyces boulardii – It is the yeast found in probiotics. It helps to fight diarrhea and other digestive problems.
Probiotics treat many health problems
- Skin conditions (Eczema)
- Prevent some types of allergies
- Boost immune system to fight against flu and cold
- Treat irritable bowel syndrome
- Treat infectious diarrhea
Food that contain good quality of Probiotics
- Apple cider vinegar
- Raw milk
Side-Effects of too much Probiotics
- Increase in gas
- Unpleasant in digestive system
- Risk of some infections may be
- Production of Testosterone, DHT and Estrogen in male body
- Acidity and Heartburn – Cause and Treatment naturally
- Natural home remedies for Acidity and Bad breath
- what is Cholesterol – It’s Cause, Side-effects and Treatment
- Importance of micronutrients to our body for good health || Vitamins and Minerals
- Back Pain – Symptoms,Causes and Treatment
- Everything you need to know about Diabetes
- How Covid-19 can have effect on your psychological wellness??